LICENSING & PERMISSIONS
PLEASE properly attribute ALL of the creators in any of your distributions! Here’s an example:
Text by Author, Music by Composer.
© Year by Jake Runestad.
What would you like to do?
Distribute Audio Recordings (from a live performance or “studio” session)
(digital files, CDs, practice tracks, etc., whether for sale or for free)
Create and Distribute Practice Tracks
- Many of my works are available on my Practice Tracks page or through Choral Tracks LLC.
- If you’re creating your own tracks, this requires a mechanical license from the copyright owner (Jake Runestad Music LLC).
- Acquire this license through Easy Song Licensing (includes a fee) or contact us directly by completing the Mechanical License Form.
Distribute a Video of a Live or Recorded Performance
(interactive: a video posted to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, create DVDs, etc.)
- ALL videos require a synchronization license from the copyright owner (Jake Runestad Music LLC).
- Please complete the Synchronization License Form.
Stream Audio or Video of a Live Performance
(non-interactive: the audio/video disappears after the performance)
- This is considered a live performance and is covered by ASCAP‘s licensing.
- Please submit your concert information to ASCAP.
Create and Distribute a Virtual Ensemble Performance (Virtual Choir, Virtual Band, etc.)
- This requires several kinds of rights including a synchronization license(s), an adaptation license, and video streaming license.
- We will create a specific Virtual Ensemble license for your use upon completion of the Virtual Ensemble License.
Create an Arrangement or Transcription of Jake’s Music
- Please contact us for all arrangement and transcription requests, and provide as much information as you can!
- Permission must be granted in writing by the copyright owner for any notated arrangements or transcriptions.